About the role
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, ICI Paris XL, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
Based in Milan, Renswoude and Utrecht, eLab Technology is ASW Group digital Polo. It takes care of Omnichannel Strategy for European Brands of the group, delivering e-commerce, Mobile and in store Innovative solutions.
As a Tech Lead you will be responsible of a development team, making sure that it performs according to our standards, carrying on the required technical analysis, writing clean code and testing it properly in order to meet the agreed timelines.
A typicical day includes:
- Organize the activities of the team and rearrange the team roles according to the changing context;
- Design, plan and lead the development sets of complex stories;
- Ensure team writes clean code, with good code coverage and follows the best practices of the industry;
- Coach and mentor team members and perform code reviews;
- Have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others;
- Work tightly with the team members, also with those remotely located;
- Work with other teams to support all phases that precede and follow software development;Be ready to jump into the dirt and write complex pieces of code or fix important issues on the live environments.
What will you get in return?
- A job at a successful international company that is constantly evolving. You'll never be bored!
- An informal work environment;
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude, Utrecht or Milan, but traveling within Europe is also involved (depending on the circumstances);
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount on your health insurance;
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More;
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.000,00 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore;
- Discounts for you and your family from some of our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister, and ICI Paris XL;
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health;
- …plus much More!
This is you
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working on an multinational and multicultural environment, with several team sparse across the globe;
- You get satisfaction through mentoring and teaching best guidelines / methodologies;
- You have developed a solid technical background in the eCommerce industry, and you love working on IT;
- You know you add value through your communication and organizational skills;
- You are good at team working and you are keen to help people grow;
- You are motivated by new challenges, working in a dynamic environment.
What you'll need:
- Degree in Information Technology or another related subject;
- Minimum 1 year experience of working in analogous job role;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in eCommerce projects;
- Strong Knowledge and experience on top enterprise Ecommerce platforms (SAP CX, Oracle commerce, Salesforce commerce, IBM Websphere commerce);
- Hands-on experience in Java, Java EE and Spring Framework design and development;
- Working knowledge of integration technologies like REST, SOAP, JMS;
- Project management capabilities will be required;
- Strong knowledge of Versioning Control Software (Git);
- Knowledge of frontend technologies is a valuable plus;
- Working knowledge of web applications and related topics (eg HTTP, servlet containers, session management, caches, CDN, etc);
- Knowledge of JVM internals and application performance improvement;
- Devops skills are a plus;
- Retail industry experience preferred;
- Fluent in English;
- Travel might be required.
We invite you to apply for this job via the apply button (‘solliciteer online’). By clicking on this button, you will be forwarded to this vacancy on our A.S. Watson Group Careerpage, where you are able to learn More about A.S. Watson Group.
Reisafstand naar je nieuwe baan?
Wil je weten hoe ver je moet lopen, fietsen of rijden naar je werk? Bereken hieronder je reistijd!
Solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux in 5 stappen
Als je gaat solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux wil je natuurlijk weten wat je kunt verwachten. Ons sollicitatieproces bestaat uit 5 stappen:
Solliciteer online via de button in een vacaturetekst. Je hoeft alleen je gegevens in te vullen en je cv en eventueel je motivatiebrief te uploaden.
De Recruiter bekijkt en beoordeelt je sollicitatie. Je krijgt telefonisch of via e-mail een reactie.
Als we je sollicitatie interessant vinden, nodigen we je uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek.
Voor sommige functies zullen we je vragen om een (online) assessment in te vullen of deel te nemen aan een dag assessment.
Aan de slag!
Zijn wij na de gesprekken enthousiast en jij ook? Dan kun je zo snel mogelijk aan de slag!