Data Privacy Analyst
Are you the Privacy Pro with practical experience we have been waiting for to complete our team? Do you not only understand GDPR but also know how to implement it? Would you enjoy working for a global organisation with a team of like-minded professionals? Do you already have some thoughts on how privacy can put an edge on the projects coming out of our Data Innovation Lab?
The Data Privacy Analyst forms part of the A.S. Watson Group IT Security function and has a main responsibility for supporting A.S. Watson Group (Europe) companies in their privacy compliance and is accountable for ensuring that such businesses are aligned to the Group IT Security Data Privacy & Security Strategy.
You will be responsible for corporate compliance activities including, but not limited to, the development, improvement, planning and execution of the privacy compliance strategy, controls assessment and documentation. In this role you will also be accountable for designing and delivering processes and procedures that aim to successfully embed privacy within the business. This role will report to the Group Data Protection Officer and will work closely with the Group Information Security Manager and other Group and local stakeholders.
What are your key responsibilities?
- Support the Data Protection Officer with providing day to day privacy guidance to the business.
- Support or review privacy impact analysis and data protection impact assessments for systems, applications or projects processing personal data.
- Support the Data Protection Officer to establish, maintain and monitor corporate policies.
- Support the review and drafting of relevant policies.
- Assist the Legal Team to conduct due diligence around the data privacy and security posture of vendors/processors.
- Administration of software used to manage DPIAs and Records of Processing Activities.
- Support the Data Protection Officer with AS Watson’s companywide training programme.
- Support the Privacy Office to establish and maintain a self-assessment framework to assess and monitor Group compliance with applicable data protection controls.
- Be a point of contact for the team of Privacy Champions across multiple jurisdictions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to draft and document business processes, guidelines, standards and controls across the business (e.g. data subject rights, data deletion, data protection principles, etc).
- Support the embedding of key processes to manage privacy risks across the ASW business units.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO FULFIL THIS POSITION?
- Minimum of three years in a data protection role.
- Accreditation in CIMP/CIPP-E desirable (or similar qualification).
- Experience with supporting the implementation of a privacy programme.
- Experience with implementing Governance, Risk and Compliance solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work across the organisation at all levels, and geographical locations.
- A positive attitude with an eagerness to learn and develop professional knowledge.
WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN?
What do we offer you besides this inspiring work environment?
- A job within a successful international organisation that is constantly evolving and where we work with top brands. We can guarantee you one thing: you’ll never be bored with us!
- A good salary appropriate for your professional and intellectual ability and experience and 30 vacation days (plus bank holidays) on a full-time basis… you’ll also enjoy a staff discount at Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL.
- Ample opportunities for development and advancement: our organisation’s growth and success means we can always offer talented employees the opportunity for growth and advancement in the future.
- An informal, no-nonsense work ethic: results matter, but the same goes for mutual respect and a pleasant work environment.
You must live up to your promises. At A.S. Watson Benelux, we not only believe this, but we also do it. Our HR policy has won several prizes, including the HR Proffie and Top Employer. This implies that we not only invest in an excellent employment conditions package and great working conditions but also in our colleagues. You don't merely work for us, but we also give you the opportunity to grow to the level that suits you best.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
For more substantive information on this position, please contact Feliks Voskoboynik, Head of Data Privacy & IT Security, on telephone number (+31) (0) 6 51189518.
Agencies: you can put down the telephone, we’ll take care of this one ourselves.