Oracle APEX Developer
Would you like to join and reinforce our retail business units in the thinking process? Do you become enthusiastic at the thought of delving into IT technology to develop solutions in a modern Oracle environment? In that case, we'd love to talk to you about the Oracle Apex Developer position!
As Oracle Apex Developer, you are responsible for the further professionalisation and innovation of the Oracle environments of our European branches (stores, offices and logistics centres). Not merely for one retail formula, but for all our European retail formulas simultaneously. These include Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL in the Netherlands, Marionnaud in France and Spain, Superdrug in England and Watsons in the Ukraine. Oracle Designer was used to create these applications and we use APEX to update them. You’ll work in a department consisting of 20 specialists, and will be responsible for the development of our systems according to the agile method.
Your duties and responsibilities are:
- further development of the customised Oracle applications for our European business units;
- examination and introduction of new techniques and developments (innovations) to optimise the user experience;
- joining in on the thinking process and advising product owners and stakeholders based on your role as a specialist.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO FULFIL THIS POSITION?
- You will at least have completed higher vocational education in the IT field.
- You have experience in the development of customised Oracle applications.
- You have knowledge of APEX, CSS, JQuery en PL/SQL. Do you also have knowledge of performance tuning? That would be a plus.
- You possess strong analytical and communicative skills.
- A proper command of English, both written and spoken, is essential, since you’ll be working for the European retail formulas. Because you’re also working for the Dutch formulas, knowledge of the Dutch language is a plus.
- You must also possess an innovative and flexible mind set, allowing you to respond fast and effectively with the right solution in unexpected situations.
WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN?
As Oracle Apex Developer, you form part of the IT Europe Group, the department that facilitates all our European business units in the IT field. We upgrade our software and hardware each year, so we always work with state-of-the-art systems and can operate with the required flexibility in the market. Every day we go in search of ways to improve and innovate the systems that are in use. At A.S. Watson, we do this ourselves: we develop our own software, build our own systems and roll them out ourselves. In other words, your work truly has an impact: everything that you do can be traced back to full or empty shelves in the stores, short or long lines at the register, etc.
What do we offer you besides this inspiring work environment?
- A job with a successful international organisation that is constantly evolving and where we work with top brands. We can guarantee you one thing: you’ll never be bored with us!
- A good salary appropriate for your professional and intellectual ability and experience and 30 vacation days on a full-time basis… you’ll also enjoy a staff discount at Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL.
- Ample opportunities for development and advancement: our organisation’s growth and success means we can always offer talented employees the opportunity for growth and advancement in the future.
- An informal, no-nonsense work ethic: results matter, but the same goes for mutual respect and a pleasant work environment.
You must live up to your promises. At A.S. Watson Benelux, we not only believe this, but we also do it. Our HR policy has won several prizes, including the HR Proffie and Top Employer. This implies that we not only invest in an excellent employment conditions package and great working conditions but also in our colleagues. You don't merely work for us, but we also give you the opportunity to grow to the level that best suits you.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
For more substantive information on this position, please contact Jelmer Hulstijn, Scrum Master, on telephone number: 0318 - 579017.
Bureaus: you can put down the telephone, we’ll take care of this one ourselves.