About the role
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI Paris XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson’s and many more.
Group IT is part of A.S. Watson Group Europe. We are the IT service provider of all European business units of A.S. Watson. Every day we look for opportunities to improve our state-of-the-art systems so we can keep innovating and operate flexibly in the market. For the ETL department at our head office in Renswoude, we are looking for reinforcements. We design, build and roll-out our systems. You will work with applications that are built on the latest Oracle techniques. We work mainly with Oracle Data Integrator.
A typical day in this role includes:
- Designing and building ETL processes, including big Datawarehouse environments
- Solving integration issues within our IT landscape
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance, both functional and technical
- Solving production failures, whereby you periodically participate in 24/7 support
- Supporting in creation and tuning Oracle queries
What will you get in return?
- A job at a successful international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- A position in which you can come up with solutions yourself and in which your professional knowledge, creativity and intellect are called upon
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic.
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance.
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy More.
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore.
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL.
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
This is you
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You enjoy working via the Spotify Model in a dynamic (multidisciplinary) Scrum team
- You like to be involved from start to finish in new developments and projects and operational management
- You have a sharp analytical insight
- You know you add value by a proactive approach
- You are flexible and pragmatic
- You understand the world of retail
What you'll need:
- You have significant experience In the field of data warehouses and ETL processes in an Oracle environment
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree, for example in Business Informatics
- You have strong communication skills and because of the international character you have a good command of the English language
- You worked with BI tools such as Business Objects and Tableau
- You will have working knowledge with ETL tools, preferably ODI and experience in Oracle DB environments
We invite you to apply for this job via the apply button (‘solliciteer online’). By clicking on this button, you will be forwarded to this vacancy on our A.S. Watson Group Careerpage, where you are able to learn More about A.S. Watson Group.
Reisafstand naar je nieuwe baan?
Wil je weten hoe ver je moet lopen, fietsen of rijden naar je werk? Bereken hieronder je reistijd!
Solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux in 5 stappen
Als je gaat solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux wil je natuurlijk weten wat je kunt verwachten. Ons sollicitatieproces bestaat uit 5 stappen:
Solliciteer online via de button in een vacaturetekst. Je hoeft alleen je gegevens in te vullen en je cv en eventueel je motivatiebrief te uploaden.
De Recruiter bekijkt en beoordeelt je sollicitatie. Je krijgt telefonisch of via e-mail een reactie.
Als we je sollicitatie interessant vinden, nodigen we je uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek.
Voor sommige functies zullen we je vragen om een (online) assessment in te vullen of deel te nemen aan een dag assessment.
Aan de slag!
Zijn wij na de gesprekken enthousiast en jij ook? Dan kun je zo snel mogelijk aan de slag!