About the role
Do you think in terms of work processes and functionalities that could be improved in Enterprise Resource Planning or Warehouse Management System modules? Do you enjoy implementing new releases, with your strong UAT support upfront and support the business with the right training materials? Does the thought of doing this in a growing, international retail organization that deals with major, complex issues via a modern Agile working method in a modern office setting excite you? In that case, it's high time for you to come talk to us about the Functional Application Specialist position!
You may not have heard of us, but you’ll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer with over 17,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.9 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including the likes of Superdrug, Kruidvat, Watson’s, Marionnaud, The Perfume Shop, and many more.
In this role, you are responsible for the ongoing management and innovation of the supply chain modules of the ERP and WMS that are developed in-house. These modules are used in the head office and in the distribution centers of our European branches. Within our squad (12FTE) consisting of developers, testers and an information architect, you have an understanding of several of the ERP sub-applications and enable optimal utilization and innovation. In the Supply Chain squad you are the intermediary between the European key users and the Group IT developers and work along actively on the development of our system, with attention for optimal workability and reliability of the systems.
- Actively participating in the development process for new functionalities: you bring your functional knowledge in for the preparation phase and work along in sprints on the implementation;
- Ensure the system stability of our Warehouse Management System used in 5 European business units;
- Answer incoming questions on the requirements and possibilities of the systems and subsequently analyzing and converting these into change requests;
- Support the business in the functional and acceptance testing, so that new features can be implemented successfully.
What will you get in return?
As Functional Application Specialist, you form part of the IT Europe Group, the department that facilitates all our European business units in the IT field. We upgrade our software and hardware each year, so we always work with state-of-the-art systems and can operate with the required flexibility in the market. Every day we go in search of ways to improve and innovate the systems that are in use. At A.S. Watson, we do this ourselves: we develop our own software, build our own systems and roll them out ourselves. In other words, your work truly has an impact: everything that you do can be traced back to full or empty shelves in the stores, short or long lines at the register, etc.
- A job at a successful international company that is constantly evolving. You'll never be bored!
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht;
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance;
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy more;
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.000,00 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore;
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL;
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health
- …plus much More!
This is you
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are no stranger to challenging organizations and systems. Experience has learned you that a small changes can have major consequences;
- You can determine your own course and know how to make independent decisions;
- You are customer- focused and aim for the highest result;
- Sudden changes do not upset you, but challenge you to quickly find your way;
- You are able to distillate the real question at hand and you can communicate your message clearly;
- You can dive into the details and at the same time continue to see the big picture.
What you’ll need:
- Work experience in a retail or logistic environment in an Agile work environment is an advantage!
- You are a strong communicator and fluent in Dutch and English;
- You can work independent on a task or project;
- It would be a big plus if you have any experience working with tools like, Jira and Confluence and you are interested in technical terms like Oracle SQL, APEX, OSB, ETL and DWH because of your desire to understand the functionality and the details behind it;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
We invite you to apply for this job via the apply button (‘solliciteer online’). By clicking on this button, you will be forwarded to this vacancy on our A.S. Watson Group Careerpage, where you are able to learn More about A.S. Watson Group.
Reisafstand naar je nieuwe baan?
Wil je weten hoe ver je moet lopen, fietsen of rijden naar je werk? Bereken hieronder je reistijd!
Solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux in 5 stappen
Als je gaat solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux wil je natuurlijk weten wat je kunt verwachten. Ons sollicitatieproces bestaat uit 5 stappen:
Solliciteer online via de button in een vacaturetekst. Je hoeft alleen je gegevens in te vullen en je cv en eventueel je motivatiebrief te uploaden.
De Recruiter bekijkt en beoordeelt je sollicitatie. Je krijgt telefonisch of via e-mail een reactie.
Als we je sollicitatie interessant vinden, nodigen we je uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek.
Voor sommige functies zullen we je vragen om een (online) assessment in te vullen of deel te nemen aan een dag assessment.
Aan de slag!
Zijn wij na de gesprekken enthousiast en jij ook? Dan kun je zo snel mogelijk aan de slag!