About the role
You may not have heard of us, but you'll know our brands! A.S. Watson is the world's largest international health and beauty retailer, with over 16,000 stores in 27 markets. Each year, over 5.3 billion customers and members shop with our well-known retail brands, both online and offline, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister, ICI PARIS XL, Superdrug, The Perfume Shop, Marionnaud, Watson's and many more.
Would you like to join our global IT department and help strengthen the IT landscape for our retail business units? Are you willing to dive into IT technology to develop solutions in a modern Oracle environment? In that case, we'd love to come in touch with you regarding the role of Oracle Apex Developer!
As Oracle Apex Developer, you are responsible for the professionalization and development of Oracle environments of our European business units (stores, offices, and warehouses). The majority of our applications used in our business units are developed in Oracle APEX in combination with PL/SQL. You'll work within Group IT in the ERP department, which has multiple teams. For example, teams responsible for trade systems, supply chain systems, finance systems and data warehouse systems. The teams are working in an Agile way to be as flexible as possible in a dynamic retail environment.
What will you get in return?
- A job at a successful international company that is constantly evolving. You'll never be bored!
- An informal no-nonsense work ethic: results matter, but the same goes for mutual respect and a pleasant work environment;
- You will be based at our office in Renswoude or Utrecht;
- Competitive salary and benefits like travel allowance and a discount in your health insurance;
- 30 days holiday with an option to buy more;
- Excellent refer-a-friend scheme with up to €1000 up for grabs!
- A fantastic learning and development offering to explore;
- Discounts for you and your family from some our much-loved retailers in the Netherlands, including Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI Paris XL;
- Lots of opportunities to get involved in wellbeing initiatives to support your physical and mental health;
- …plus much More!
This is you
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You can work at a fast pace in an everchanging environment;
- You like to work with state-of-the-art systems that are capable of handling the rapid changes in the retail market;
- You are enthusiastic about joining our search for ways to improve and develop our IT landscape;
- You want to be part of an IT department that develops its own software, builds its systems, and deploys them themselves;
- You want your job to make a difference: everything you do affects full or empty shelves in the stores and shorter or longer cues at the cash desks;
- You like working using Agile methodology;
- You don't mind being on standby every two months for one week to do 2nd line support.
(1st of support is outsourced and solves most of the issues independently)
What you'll need:
- You have preferably completed a bachelor's or master's degree in the IT field;
- You have experience in developing customized Oracle applications;
- You have knowledge of APEX, CSS, JQuery en PL/SQL. Do you also know about performance tuning? That would be a big plus;
- You bring strong analytical and communicative skills;
- Since you'll be working for the European business units, it is essential that you bring excellent English language skills, besides your Dutch language skill;
- You have an innovative and flexible mindset, allowing you to respond fast and effectively with the right solution in unexpected situations.
We invite you to apply for this job via the apply button (‘solliciteer online’). By clicking on this button, you will be forwarded to this vacancy on our A.S. Watson Group Careerpage, where you are able to learn More about A.S. Watson Group.
Reisafstand naar je nieuwe baan?
Wil je weten hoe ver je moet lopen, fietsen of rijden naar je werk? Bereken hieronder je reistijd!
Solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux in 5 stappen
Als je gaat solliciteren bij A.S. Watson Benelux wil je natuurlijk weten wat je kunt verwachten. Ons sollicitatieproces bestaat uit 5 stappen:
Solliciteer online via de button in een vacaturetekst. Je hoeft alleen je gegevens in te vullen en je cv en eventueel je motivatiebrief te uploaden.
De Recruiter bekijkt en beoordeelt je sollicitatie. Je krijgt telefonisch of via e-mail een reactie.
Als we je sollicitatie interessant vinden, nodigen we je uit voor een kennismakingsgesprek.
Voor sommige functies zullen we je vragen om een (online) assessment in te vullen of deel te nemen aan een dag assessment.
Aan de slag!
Zijn wij na de gesprekken enthousiast en jij ook? Dan kun je zo snel mogelijk aan de slag!