IT Project Lead
Are you looking for a job where you can really make IT work effectively? Are you experienced with working in an Agile IT environment and do you want to work in a dynamic and international environment? Then we are looking for you!
As an IT Project Lead, you are part of the Innovation team within the European IT department of A.S. Watson. The main focus for this team is to keep our central software systems up-to-date by innovating. Your focus is on our European business units, for example Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL in the Netherlands, Marionnaud in France and Spain, Superdrug in England and Watsons in Ukraine. In your role you will be the intermediary between the business departments and all of the different IT departments.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- be the contact person for business units who initiate projects that start in a non-agile manner;
- translate business projects and initiatives in smaller chunks of work that can be picked up by our development squads;
- work close together with the product owners in prioritizing epics and user stories;
- align work between different IT teams;
- perform high level business analysis and user requirement studies for the different business units;
- work closely with business units to define the local business needs to deliver the extra value for the new technology deployed;
- liaise with various internal and external users on system improvements and implementation;
- obtain accurate information from business users and communicate business problems and solutions effectively with various stakeholders.
WHAT DO YOU NEED FOR THIS JOB?
- You have a bachelor or master degree, preferably in Information Technology.
- 3 or more years’ experience as a project lead or a comparable role, preferably in a retail environment.
- You are able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- You communicate effectively with the business user and you are a natural team player with interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- You have excellent analytical, planning and presentation skills.
- You communicate excellent in English, both verbal and in writing. Knowledge of the Dutch language is a pre.
WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN?
Your work has direct impact: everything you do leads to a better and faster implementation of innovative new initiatives, generating more sales and easier operations for the business teams. Every day you work in a dynamic, multicultural environment in a brand new office with over 100 IT professionals. An ideal place to develop your talent to its full potential.
What do we offer you on top of this inspiring work environment?
- An enthusiastic team that looks forward to meeting you.
- An informal, no-nonsense way of working: results count, but, above all, respect for each other and a good atmosphere.
- A good salary appropriate for your professional and intellectual ability and experience and 30 vacation days on a full-time basis… you’ll also enjoy a staff discount at Kruidvat, Trekpleister and ICI PARIS XL.
- Personal development and many career opportunities in a continuously growing and successful company.
- A broad variety of trainings and courses in our A.S. Watson Academy.
Also, our company won several awards, including the HR Proffie and Top Employer. This means that we not only invest in good working conditions, we also offer you the ability to excel both personally and professionally.
WHO TO CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about the vacancy please contact Bas van Velzen, Head of Innovation Management, on number +31 (0)318 579032.
Agencies: you can put down the telephone, we’ll take care of this one ourselves.